What is Gate Safe
Established since 2010, Gate Safe was the pioneering force to first address the issue of automated gate safety. Today, Gate Safe enjoys the support of a number of high profile industry / health & safety organisations and continues to offer independent approved training, share best practice, and deliver practical jargon-free guidance to improve the safety of automated gates and barriers. Our manager is certificated by Gate Safe.
What is SSAIB
The SSAIB (Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board) is the leading Independent third-party Certification Body that offers a wide range of schemes for installers of CCTV security, Intruder Alarms, Access Control and fire throughout the UK. Their aim is to promote high standards within these sectors and provide recognition for companies who are accredited with the SSAIB.
Becoming a member of the SSAIB isn’t easy and companies who are awarded the accreditation have to pass a long list of criteria (and an audit) before they are approved. This ensures that SSAIB approved companies are skilled, competent and worthy of the SSAIB accreditation.
What is TIFSM
The Institute of Fire Safety Managers is a professional body of highly respected individuals and companies who all share the same objective.
Our Manager is registered as a member at Technician Grade and is therefore allowed to use TIFSM after his name.
What is Fire Risk Assessor
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO), a responsible person within your organisation MUST carry out a fire risk assessment, produce a fire emergency plan, and implement and maintain a fire risk management system.
Our Company has a trained and Registered Fire Risk Assessor who is also a Certificated Fire Manager.
What is SMAS
SMAS Worksafe Safety Management Advisory Service) is a national Health & Safety third party accreditation scheme which allows businesses to demonstrate their Health & Safety standards via independent audits.
It allows a company to prove that the business is safe to work with, giving a real competitive edge when tendering for business.
SMAS Worksafe is part of SSIP (Safety Schemes in Procurement) which is endorsed by the HSE.
It helps businesses manage their health and safety obligations when selecting suppliers.
What is ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
Our Professional Manager has many years of experience within quality management systems and is qualified as a Lead Auditor (IRCA Certified).
He is available to supply advice and professional guidance to any company who may be thinking of becoming registered as an ISO 9001 company or is seeking their annual renewal.
What is CIEH Level 4 in Health and Safety
- Understand safety management systems, the role of risk assessment and how safety management links with other aspects of management, legal requirements, and the social environment
- Give professional advice and guidance to other companies
- Carry out reactive monitoring, including which incidents have to be reported, check that reports are being made, record reported incidents, conduct investigations, record results and analyse records
- Carry out risk assessment and risk control, including make an inventory of sources of hazards associated with source, rate risks, select workplace precautions and record results of risk assessments and reviews
- Prepare and use active monitoring checklists, implement schedules for active monitoring, record results and analyse records
- Advise in the preparation of safety policy, organise and conduct a management review of the safety management system and prepare for a health and safety audit
- Identify relevant legislation and obtain advice and guidance on compliance
- Manage common workplace hazards
- Train Health & Safety up to and including Level 2